***If you are trying to view the Live Stream from a mobile device, please scroll down to see the buttons.***
Welcome to our Saint Bernadette Parish Community
The most common occasion for making an Act of Spiritual Communion is when we cannot fulfill
our obligation to attend Mass on a Sunday or Holy Day of Obligation, whether because of illness or
bad weather, or some other reason outside of our control.
You can make an Acts of Spiritual Communion at any time and make multiple times a day—even on
days when we have been able to receive the Eucharist.
Each Act of Spiritual Communion that we make increases our desire to receive sacramental
Communion, and protects us until we can receive Holy Communion sacramentally again.
ACT OF SPIRITUAL COMMUNION (St. Alphonsus Ligouri)
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if
You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Called by our Baptism to be the People of God and formed by the Holy Spirit to be Saint Bernadette Roman Catholic Parish, we its members recognize our need to grow as a faith community.
We accept God’s call to:
– Worship together at the celebration of the Eucharist, enriched by private and communal prayer and graced by the Sacraments;
– Recognize Christ within each other and respond to His Presence with charity, justice and peace;
– Bear witness with our lives to the Gospel of Jesus Christ;
– Teach the Good News proclaimed by Jesus to love God and others;
– Minister to the spiritual, physical, emotional and material needs of one another.
In union with the one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church and mindful of our mission, we resolve to live with Christ at the center of our lives. We pray, through the intercession of the Blessed Mother and Saint Bernadette, for guidance from the Holy Spirit to carry out our mission as faithful members of Saint Bernadette of Lourdes Parish